Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Winner for the Shabby- Chic Challenge.

Hello Everyone.

Susan here to announce a winner for the Shabby-Chic Challenge.
I was thrilled with our entries for my Challenge,  it was especially pleasing to see first-timers  giving it a go as well, it is not an easy genre, but I do believe we have won over a few of you;  that alone is satisfying.
Anyway I will not keep you in suspense, the WINNER is
Ira from  'My Crafty Heart'.
I loved this card from the moment I laid my eyes on it.

 Ira has captured the meaning of Shabby-Chic perfectly; the Vintage photo which has such an enduring and endearing appeal, you pick up on the Pink tones immediately, and Ira has followed this through with her soft muted Bg papers.
The embellishment of her pearl clasp adds a touch of 'chic' and with her wonderful flower which creates so much movement, dimension and a tactile quality. Her shabbiness is seen in her wonderful soft flower and distressing, and adding another image and  doily surreptitiously on the Bg is another plus for me as it continues the theme perfectly.
It has great form and composition, and I am sure you will all agree a most worthy winner.
Well Done Ira, PLEASE  feel free to display our Top Talent Award badge on your blog.

 I am going to mention a few extra names because their creations were so unique and exceptional: Dorota  and Kate 'The Scrap Yard' for their amazing altered boxes, take a look, it is a feast for the eyes.
Thank you all very much for delighting us with your work.
There is still time to enter in this week's "The Embellished Frame" challenge.
Click HERE to check it out. You have until Friday, June 8th at 11:59 EST to link up to the challenge.
Please join us.
Smiles:)
Sue

5 comments:

  1. Such a well deserved win! I feel like I just stepped back in time. Congratualtions Ira :)
    The altered box is beyond stunning...quite the artistic shabby chic masterpiece as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! So many lovely frilly details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word... I don't know what to say but thank you so much for liking my card! I'm doing a little happy dance right mow :-) thanks again for everything and congrats to the other girls, too. Hugs, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Ira, your creation is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Ira! Stunning project - real eye candy! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx